Also joining the board were
- Phil Bacharach, chief of communications and public affairs for the State Department of Education;
- Nathan Elliott, managing editor of KWTV News 9;
- David Fritze, executive editor of Oklahoma Watch;
- Ginnie Graham, news columnist for the Tulsa World;
- Joe Hight, owner of Best of Books in Edmond; and
- Tom Kovach, a former Norman councilman.
Bill Young, public information administrator for the State Department of Libraries, is serving as FOI Oklahoma’s president for 2016. Paul Monies, an energy reporter for The Oklahoman, was chosen as president-elect for the year.