Kick off Sunshine Week with FOI Oklahoma’s 2012 Sunshine Conference. This year’s theme is “Forging a Commitment to Open Government.”
Program highlights include:
- House Speaker Kris Steele and fellow lawmakers explain bills requiring the state Legislature to comply with our open government laws.
- State Auditor Gary Jones discusses ways to improve enforcement of those laws.
- The Student Press Law Center’s attorney and a state expert on education law explain the application of FERPA, HIPAA and other federal statutes to the records of Oklahoma’s school districts, colleges and universities.
- State experts explain our Open Records and Open Meeting laws.
- Marian Opala First Amendment Award and FOI Award recipients recognized.
The conference is 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., March 10, at The Oklahoman Tower, 9000 N. Broadway, OKC. (Use the East Britton Road gate.)
Registration for walk-ins will begin at 8:30 a.m.
Early registration must be received by March 7. Additional $5 for registrations received after March 7.
Registration includes lunch.
- FOI Oklahoma Inc. Members: $15
- FOI Oklahoma Student Members: FREE (If registration is received by March 7. Otherwise, pay $10 at door.)
- Non-Members: $30
- Non-Member Students: $15 (Includes one-year membership in FOI Oklahoma Inc.)
Make check or money order payable to FOI Oklahoma.
Mail payment to:
Oklahoma Sunshine ’12
Oklahoma Library Association
300 Hardy Drive, Edmond, OK 73013
405–525–5100 • Fax: 405–525–5103
Kay Boies: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchase Orders, and Visa and MasterCard payments can also be accepted. Please contact Kay Boies at the Oklahoma Library Association.